Thursday, December 10, 2020

A Few of My Favorite Things

I’m out of ideas at this moment so I’m just going to make some recommendations. A timely book that crossed my path the other day is titled Finding Christ; What the Pandemic Can Teach Us by Fr. Harrison Ayre and Michael Heinlein. At only 104 pages it should be a quick read, though it looks substantial. I can only find it on Kindle and it’s a paltry $2.35 – less than a latte and with more sustenance!

I’m also going to put in a plug for Rushing River Apiaries, a local business that sells the most fantastic candles. I was yearning for a new set of Advent candles as I had given mine away and as of Dec. 9, they are now stocking them in their online store. They aren’t cheap but they are 100% beeswax, look beautiful and smell divine! Even if you purchase them now and don’t use them right away you will be ready for next Advent!

If you are looking to pray the Rosary and ponder some Advent reflections, Fr. Terry from Annunciation Parish is hosting an online event from Wednesday to Saturday at 8:00 pm Pacific. He is at Annunciation church PR on Facebook.

For anyone who is interested in making a consecration to the Blessed Mother or St. Joseph, I highly recommend Mary’s Mantle Consecration; A Spiritual Retreat for Heaven’s Help and Consecration to St. Joseph: The Wonders of Our Spiritual Father. Mary’s Mantle is available through Queen of Peace Media and St. Joseph through the Marians of the Immaculate Conception, as well as that online bookseller that starts with the letter “A”.

And last, but not least, if you are looking for something seasonal to watch, The Chosen’s Christmas special is engaging and appropriate for all ages. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment