Sunday, December 13, 2020

Holy Fire

 Today we pray the Glorious Mysteries of the Holy Rosary. I wonder if Mary felt the same way on the day of Pentecost, when she and the Apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit, as she did at the Annunciation, when she was overshadowed by Him.

I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit and it was an astonishing experience. Your life is never the same after that. You know to the inner core of your very being, and to the outer reaches of your soul, that you are profoundly and intensely loved by God.

I remember when this happened, I felt like there was a little glowing seed next to my heart. I felt like it was a secret but everyone could perceive it. I have a photo of myself from that time and you can see the peace, joy, and serenity radiating from my face.

If I, a sinful human being, could feel such tranquility while resting in His goodness, then how much more would the sinless Blessed Mother experience when the Holy Spirit filled her? It’s really beyond description.

The Descent of the Holy Spirit, whose fruit is Love, is certainly one of my favorite mysteries to ponder. May you also be caught up in His Holy Fire today.




No comments:

Post a Comment