Sunday, January 3, 2021

St. Joseph the Stalwart

 A week has flown by since I last posted. I can't say I've been busy because there is nowhere to go, nobody I can see, nothing except housework, reading, and updating facebook. I will try to post more this coming week. Hubby goes back to work Tuesday and I'll have more time during the day to write.

On the morning of January 1st I renewed my Consecration to Mary. I used a different book to prepare this time. It was an interesting book, but I prefer Fr. Gaitley's method which I wrote about HERE. 

Also, on the afternoon of the 1st, my prayer group and I began a another preparation, this time for consecration to St. Joseph. The book we are using was written by Fr. Gaitley's confrere, Fr. Donald Calloway, MIC. I have always held St. Joseph in great esteem but in only 3 days I've learned more about "Papa Joe" than I learned in my whole life prior to this prep. He is amazing.

I think St. Joseph will be a good patron this year. He is silent, trustworthy, and stalwart. I know I could benefit from an increase in those qualities and virtues. 


No comments:

Post a Comment