Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Filling Tires and Souls

My husband filled my bike tires the other day. All of a sudden, it’s easier to ride my bike. I don’t have to pedal so hard and I am not tiring as quickly. I biked over 10 kilometres today and I feel pretty good.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit is like filling your tires. You're more supported so you can work more effectively. You’ll have more strength and more stamina.

Even when I haven’t been on my bike in a few weeks my body remembers what to do. It feels especially good to get out and ride when I’ve been moping alone in the house for too long. All of a sudden, my blood is pumping and it’s so good to breathe in the fresh air.

It's the same with the Holy Spirit. I might be languishing in my sloth but then he comes along and gets the spiritual muscles moving and I quickly remember how good it is to be doing his work!

No comments:

Post a Comment